Tuesday, August 2, 2011

One more for the road...

I just wanted to post a quick update before we leave the country tomorrow, mainly because I want you all to know that we were told today that we probably wouldn't have access to internet for the first couple of weeks over in Uganda...so don't worry if I don't post anything on here for a while.  (If you do feel an overwhelming need to see if I'm okay, Peace Corps will send a mass email to a family member of each volunteer going over in this group, once we reach Uganda safely.  So, Mom will know that I'm alive!)

Today was a long day, full of orientation-type meetings and meeting a whole buch of really wonderful, diverse, and passionate people.  There are 46 of us all together, with some people right out of college, some people in the same master's program as me, some leaving jobs after a couple of years in the "real world", some folks in a somewhat higher age range, and some married couples.  And they're from all over the country.  No one else from Pennsylvania, as far as I could tell, though.  I'm definitely really excited to get to know this group of people.  We've already had lots of fun tonight at dinner, and I think the next ten weeks, as we all train together, are going to be a blast.

Sorry that there's nothing overly profound or thought-provoking this time...just wanted to let you all know the situation!

I think I'm ready...trusting, letting go, and just allowing myself to be present and experience the moment.  All remains well...

1 comment:

  1. There is no doubt in my mind that you are as ready as you can be. God will guide you the rest of the way.
    Excitement abounds for you!! Take pictures!!
    Love always,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete