Saturday, November 12, 2022

Present

Here am I,

Here where time and space collide,

The point at which my heart is beating,

Where past and future coincide

With one oncoming, one receding.

In each breath I stand astride

The many ways that open wide

Beyond the moment – here I must decide.

 

This poem focuses on an idea that I've explored before, at least a few times - the idea of the present as this confluence of everything that's come before and all the possibilities that could come after. In every moment, we have an opportunity to adjust the likelihoods of those possibilities a little bit, depending on the choices we make and the ways in which we decide to move forward. I'm certainly not the best at being this thoughtful in the moment all the time, but it's something I try to remember, at least every once in a while.


No comments:

Post a Comment