Sunday, May 7, 2023

Between Two Choices

Caught, perhaps un poco paralyzed,

Across this space perceived as pure potential,

Where either pathway taken

Might bring adventures new and change essential.

A whisper then – “awaken” –

Faintly heard from somewhere up ahead,

Its true direction still disguised,

I step, to see which way my heart has led.

 

 

Just this past week, I made a pretty big decision - I decided to accept an offer from Syracuse University to be a teaching professor there in environmental engineering. I had offers from two schools, and it was an extremely difficult choice. I think both options were good, and I was leaning toward each one at different points in the process. To some extent, it just came down to what felt right in my heart. I wrote this poem a couple days later.


No comments:

Post a Comment