Friday, December 25, 2020

Like Tinsel Strung around the World

Like tinsel strung around the world,

Spiraling from needled branch to star,

We glitter with transparent light

That transports us beyond horizons far.

Along these lines, we lift our sight

Across the oceans wide and mountains tall.

We’re sewn together, somehow, in the squall.

It’s not the same as what the past has brought,

But it’s enough

To weather what this waning year has wrought.

 

 

This year may bring many of us a different kind of Christmas - perhaps a bit more isolated, a bit less filled with the presence of family and friends. For me, I am spending it in Nairobi, Kenya, and so am far from the family I usually see around this time. But I am fortunate to be able to see them over the computer, which helps me to remember that we remain connected despite the distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment