Saturday, March 6, 2021

Upon the Balcony

I sit upon the balcony,

A drink is at my side,

And read the words of fantasy

That other authors wrote to guide

My mind to other places

Fictional and filled with faces

Different from my own.

But also, glancing toward the sky,

I watch the sun descend its throne

And cast its final rays on high

To fill the cloudy spaces,

Covering the gray with traces 

Tinged with multi-colored light.

Whether read or seen,

These evening moments lift my sight

To find the hidden sacred sheen

Of this world’s many graces.

Nightfall swiftly primes its paces,

Words and shades made one, with me, serene.

 

 

Over the past few weekends, I've started going out on my balcony in the late afternoon and reading until the sun sets. It's something I've come to really look forward to throughout the week. During this time, I often feel especially connected to the world around me, and inspiration feels closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment