Saturday, June 19, 2021

Let Them In

We try so hard

To push the magic out

And hide what hopes we feel with stoic covering.

 

We try to disregard

The wonder all about,

Forgetting life beyond the deadlines hovering.

 

We have our moments, rarely,

When stars align, unveiling

The strings that spread across the cosmos, glistening.

 

Perceptible, just barely,

Their sounds are never failing,

And we are free to let them in by listening.

 

I've been feeling very busy recently,  and I think that feeling will probably continue, at least for a few more weeks. I just finished this poem last night, without really connecting it to how hectic things have been, but now I get the sense that it's the universe's way of telling me to remember to take some time, relax, and not forget the wonder and beauty that always surround me.


No comments:

Post a Comment