Sunday, January 22, 2023

Keep Writing

I struggle to identify

A theme that’s new, untried, and unexpected.

I wonder if my writing

Has now exhausted all my heart’s collected.

Should this be so, I’d pause to cry

But then begin again to pen a rhyme,

For here my mind keeps fighting

To understand my place in space and time.

 

The words have been coming somewhat slowly recently, as I've been trying to write poems. When this happens, I sometimes wonder if I've just run out of ideas, or run out of whatever creative writing ability I had before. Buy eventually I realize that, even if that were the case, I would still need to keep trying, because this has become one of the ways I process things - one of the ways I try to understand my place in all that happens.


No comments:

Post a Comment