Saturday, September 28, 2019

When the Pages End


Upon each day a pen was floating,
Recording with eternal ink
The flavors of your life, denoting
Lines whose forms would find a link
To others’ stories. Every word
Was written down and lives
Within a book that was referred
To me. But what it gives
Is not enough to satisfy
My curiosity.
The story stands unfinished. Why
Do no more words find space to be?
What happens when the pages end
But more is left to write?
I cannot say, but I will tend
This garden sown with seeds tonight
Until your tale bursts forth in me
To grace the dawn’s expectant light.


I just reached the end of one of the journals I use when writing poetry, and this was the poem I wrote on that last page. Now I'm starting to work through some new ideas in a new book...

No comments:

Post a Comment