Monday, December 30, 2019

What Magic Lives in Christmas Lights



What magic lives in Christmas lights?
What wonders wait inside the stars
That touch the hearts of Christmas nights
And ease the year’s most troubled scars?
It’s something sprung from home and friends
And family – each meeting sends
Me onward with the grace to know
Of blessings, all reflected in
That multi-colored Christmas glow.


During my time at home over the holidays this year, I felt like there was some special magic in the Christmas lights I saw every night. I think it had something to do with the recognition that this is the time of year when I am fortunate enough to be able to come home and be enriched by family and friends. I know I'm not the best at saying it, but I want all of those people to know that I'm grateful for the relationships we share.

No comments:

Post a Comment